How to Donate to the DSA Biobank
Who Can Donate?
You can contribute to our biobank if you are:
- 3 years old or older and living with Down syndrome
- The biological parent of a child who has Down syndrome
- A brother or sister of a sibling with Down syndrome
- Fill out a self-assessment health questionnaire
- Submit a blood sample in the comfort of your own home*
We do collect samples such as saliva, tears, and feces as well. But blood samples are the primary sample collection and the most in need by researchers.
*A third-party laboratory service will come to your home to draw your blood sample. Or you can visit one of our participating locations in person.
You can call (614) 362-3441 or email dsaBiobank@downsyndrome-achieves.websitepro.hosting to understand what option works best for you.